Who needs to Register

Government Affairs Director means a person who makes regular enquiries, advocates changes to public policy, or seeks specific assistance from government for a wide variety of reasons, in a paid capacity of an organisation or business or professional or trade association.  In order to be required to register a GAD must have held one of the following former positions as outlined in clause 5.1.e of the Code of Conduct.

  • has held the position of National or State Secretary/Director or Deputy or Assistant Secretary/ Director of a registered political party.
  • is a former Minister or Parliamentary Secretary of a State or Commonwealth Government; or
  • has been a Chief of Staff, Senior Adviser or Adviser in the private officer of a Commonwealth or State Minister or Parliamentary Secretary.